What is AAU basketball good for? Here are 5 reasons:
1. Competing with new teammates and for a new coach. Can be refreshing, can put you in a new position that makes you learn new skills, and can help you learn new things by playing alongside new players.
2. Playing against top level competition. If you're a kid from a small town school that plays other small town schools, AAU will be a great experience to go play against the best of the best.
3. It allows you to grow your skills. AAU season is a great opportunity to focus on your weaknesses, and try new skills out in practice.
4. It keeps your rhythm going into the next season. Rather than take a ton of time off and come back rusty, keep the flow going and keep hooping alongside your friends.
5. It is often a place that players get recruited for college.